Monday, 19 May 2008

Enough is enough

Have you ever felt so outraged about an issue yet so powerless to do anything about it?

There is something about this country that makes it so generically racist it makes me clench my fist even to ponder it, and yes the people who are openly racist are denounced by all in a feeble attempt to gain credibility for themselves but look deeper. Every time a national "incident", shall we say, occurs the current government and the government in opposition reassure the general public by stating the same thing over and over again, "We shall tighten immigration laws.". This will happen and has happened time after time as if it were a matter of fact that all of these "incidents" will be solved with less foreign immigrants.

New Labour, the Tories and the media have been stoking up prejudice and lies against asylum seekers and migrants for years. They have used asylum seekers as scapegoats for everything from the housing shortage to increases in council tax bills and thus turned the British public against them.

25,000 asylum-seekers were detained in Britain last year under immigration rules, according to Amnesty International. Many are not even accused of any crime, yet they are imprisoned with less rights than convicted criminals. Some, in despair, turn to suicide - like Ranzan Kumluca, a 19-year-old Kurdish man from Turkey, who hung himself in Campsfield detention just over a week ago after apparently being detained for six months. The Kurds are treated with disgust and contempt by the Turkish people and were bombed with chemical weapons by Hussein in the eighties. This is how we treat a man who has fled persecution because he has no country to call home.

Allow me to make one thing very clear here and now Asylum is not a crime. Nor can it ever be and neither can simple immigration. Nobody raises an eyebrow when an average British family of five emmigrates to say New Zealand but when it is a foreigner of a different faith (heaven forbid) it is immediately assumed that he has something against the country he chose to come to. People will always ask me "Aren't you proud to be British?" and I will always reply with "I most certainly am not." especially if it means that every foreigner will be subjected to a never ending subtle judgement.

How long will it be until there have been enough "terror alerts" to make the government take official discriminatory action?

How long will it be until detention centres are set up that people can be detained with or without trial for an indetermined length of time and lose all existing legal rights and liberties?

I tell you now, we should enjoy our freedom while we have it because we shall all certainly miss it when it's gone.

2 comments:

Bobby Allen said...

But the sad truth is: that people are now becoming very openly racist, less because they want everyone in the room to know how proud and wonderfully patriotic they are, but more because they know every other person in that room has the same thoughts swimming in those dim and murky waters, populating the same region of your mind that ponders 'Now, was Hitler onto something here?'.

I'm not saying the being racist is OK or the horrendous amounts of immigrants piling into England is to blame for everything, but they aren't completely innocent either. The general decline of every-bloody-thing in this country can be pretty much put down to the incompetence of our ruling body since 1997, hint-hint-nudge-nudge-Labour-fucking-suck. But this failure in everything has only been magnified by the influx of the world into this tiny island. I mean surely it would go without saying that they are in fact one of the biggest reasons for housing shortage, alongside the working class spewing out offspring like vagina confetti.

The chances of you seeing a British family of five buggering off to New Zealand are slim to none, as they, as well as Australia, are so damn strict with their laws on immigration, that a family of 3 would be lucky to see their way through, let alone five. Some would say the laws in Australia and New Zealand are too harsh, I mean, just to be permitted access into the country, you have to speak the language?! How bloody ridiculous. Oh, and get this they will only accept people who have a job are able and willing to contribute to the country as a whole! How preposterous! Unlike over here in the world's shit hole, where everyone comes for a free ride due the abysmal state of our welfare system which should just be abolished now and problem solved; all those relying on it shall slowly die out, leaving only humans who deserve life.

You say enjoy our freedom while we can; if this country continues the way it’s going, a lot of people are gonna get extremely pissed off and I can quite easily see where they will put ALL of their blame. Then someone with a certain amount of passion and charisma, not to mention deep seated sadistic, homicidal tendencies, will get into a position of power and we are going to get a whole lot more freedom and some others; a whole lot less. Now I’m off to practise my goosestep, Zeig Heil!

Anonymous said...

Mr Allen I never knew that you had Neo-Nazi tendencies, alas I can see where you are coming from which is really a shame because I have nothing against immigrants, It’s just I hate scroungers. I couldn’t care less if it was an immigrant or the local beggar called Darren that frequents my area, just stop taking peoples hard earned cash.

And as for the land of Oz I know that Mark is right any number of people can go over there you just need £250,000 worth of cash to make sure you aren’t a scrounger because heaven knows you got to love giving away money to people that are to lazy to get a real job! And of course you have to speak the language when you come over here. It annoys me when I’m walking down the high street and all I hear is another language. Now I live near High Wycombe and, other than places like Scunthorpe, Wycombe might as well be known as Satins arse crack. Every time I go there I regret it either because Darren is hustling me or I’m practically getting raped by people wanting me to take part in a survey or to sign another fucking partition.

All in all the patriot inside me is dying and it isn’t long before people are getting pissed off with not get jobs. All the chavs that are roaming the streets will (at some point) have to get a job and will find it so hard because good, hard working people from other countries have taken their jobs and rightly so. But because they see the people working here they will pick up on it and eventually start to hate the foreign people for taking their jobs (even though they can’t resist the good curry on a Friday night). And will turn on the people that have helped to keep the economy as stable as it has been. Leading to under qualified people doing their jobs and then it wont just be High Wycombe and Scunthorpe that will be Satins arse crack but the rest of England; the land of the freely kept!