Welcome to the society of the bleeding obvious
Yesterday while I was walking a street preacher shouted across to me "Today is the first day of the rest of your week". I continued to ignore him just as I have always avoided fictional characters in case they give me nightmares but I was disappointed in the Christian faith. "A game is not worth playing if the opponent gives up", and yes, now I'm pointing out the bleeding obvious but the point is still valid. Being an atheist it is always fun to invite Jehovah's witnesses in when they come a-knocking trying to get me to embrace the love of Jesus but arguing with them and not letting them leave is far more worthwhile.
One could spend hours arguing how God might or might not exist and if he does why do certain things happen or not happen. But to have the faith sink so low that they must recruit new followers by pointing out things they already know seems like a failure to me.
Christianity needs to put up a decent enough fight again because arguing with Judaism, Islam, the Catholics (who are, lets face it, average Christians on a very, very bad hair day) will undoubtedly result in a lot more anger, violence and in all cases "the wrath of God".
The worst thing an angry Protestant will do is throw their tea-cakes at me.
No comments:
Post a Comment